Alameda School Families:
Back-to-school time is rapidly approaching! We are so excited to welcome your family to Henry Ford Academy: Alameda School for Art+ Design for the 2022-2023 school year.
We ask that you please read this letter carefully for information about school-wide improvements that will support the well-being of our students and staff.
Significant listening, learning, and research went into the development of the 2022-2023 Alameda School calendar. The result is a new four-day school week with supplemental support and creative opportunities available on designated Fridays; school days will be lengthened to ensure that we deliver the required level of instructional time.
The four-day week has been adopted by a growing number of schools in Texas and across the country over the past 10 years (or more). Many schools and districts cite budgetary reasons as a driver; however, HFA: Alameda School’s new calendar arises from observed and voiced needs for structures that Improve personal well-being, and better reflects the innovative and responsive nature of our small, student focused learning community.
Key things to know:
- The first day of school for students is Wednesday, August 10, 2022. A copy of the Board approved calendar is attached for your reference.
- Students will attend school Monday through Thursday, rather than Monday through Friday. Daily attendance is critical to personal and academic success.
- School day start/end times have changed to 8:25 am – 4:30 pm, Monday- Thursday.
- Tutoring and credit recovery will shift from after school to designated Fridays for those who need support.
- On-campus Studio Time to work on creative student projects and participate in enriching opportunities will be available on designated Fridays.